Vacature: Secretary General FEAD
FEAD is the European Waste Management Association that represents the private waste management and resource industry across Europe. Our members are national waste management associations covering 19 EU and EFTA countries. They represent about 3,000 companies with activities in all forms of waste management. Our companies have an approximate 60% share in the household waste market and handle more than 75% of industrial and commercial waste in Europe. Their combined annual turnover is approximately € 75 billion. These companies employ over 320,000 people who operate around 2,400 recycling and sorting centres, 1,100 composting sites, 260 waste-to-energy plants and 900 controlled landfills.
FEAD is looking for a senior M/F/D Secretary General. FEAD is the EU trade association representing the private waste management sector at EU level, with member organisations from 19 countries. FEAD follows actively EU legislative work related to waste management, including aspects of climate change policies, renewable energies, chemical substances, taxation, public procurement, workplace safety, public-private competition.
The position is Brussels-based and full-time.
The SG will be:
- A team manager: additionally, to full administrative responsibilities related to the functioning of FEAD, leadership skills and team management experience are required to steer and train FEAD’s Secretariat staff composed of a team of approximately 3 to 5 young professionals;
- A facilitator: overall responsibility of FEAD positions and messages on the EU-Brussels scene, based on members’ views and expertise;
- An advisor to the President, the Vice-Presidents, the Executive Committee;
- A lobbyist, with excellent ability to network and to advocate FEAD’s positions towards the EU legislators in a clear and efficient manner, on political issues as well as on more technical ones;
- A communicator, able to initiate and implement a communication strategy;
- A proactive person, able to initiate a dynamic/strategic vision on how FEAD should position itself with regard to EU policies on the waste management sector.
Skills (minimum criteria):
- English (C1, both orally and in writing) and French (B2, both orally and in writing); a third EU language is a strong asset;
- University degree;
- Good knowledge of the waste management sector with proven experience (at least 3 years) in regulatory affairs, both at EU and national level (demonstrated work experience in at least one EU Member state and Brussels);
- Leadership skills and team management experience.
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Written publication experience (position papers, articles etc.) in English;
- Ability to manage and supervise multi-tasking assignments in a multi-cultural environment;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a well-organised office environment.
Each candidate to make their application combining:
- Contract of 3 years, with the possibility of renewal, or permanent contract (open for discussion)
- Proposal for remuneration including a performance element
Please send your application until 31 August 2022 to one of the following email addresses:
- Peter Kurth, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Claudia Mensi, Italy (email@example.com)
- Anne Le Guennec, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)